At GEOLYTIX we seek new and innovative ways to make spatial analytics accessible, exciting and indispensable. Our customers span the retail, financial, property, leisure and food & beverage industries, across the world.
We’re expanding rapidly across Europe and need to grow our team in Poland to support. We’d love you to help us.
We build innovative solutions to support our clients to make better decisions combining various forecasting methods and statistical models, GIS and web tools to create bespoke solutions. We are always looking to do things better, and we value every member of our team.
About the role
As a Data Analyst who focuses on collating and updating retail locations you will be:
- Maintaining our Retail Universe for countries across Europe
- Performing data processing, research, and location analysis on client projects, including collation of store locations, opening hours, and other items
- Analysing and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data to produce practical and commercially relevant outputs
- Ensuring our existing geodemographic databases are up-to-date
- You have experience using scrapy, Beautiful Soup, selenium, requests, or other libraries (preferably Python)
- You know your way around HTML, sitemaps, API endpoints, headers, the difference between POST and GET requests
- Ideally you have some web development experience (created a website at a bootcamp? took computer science classes at uni? completed a few codecademy courses?), and/or contributed to open-source projects such as alltheplaces
- You enjoy problem solving
- You care about your code, and have used git (GitHub) in the past
Your qualifications and experience
- Track record of using data manipulation and web scraping libraries (scrapy, BeautifulSoup, selenium, or similar)
- Some SQL and GIS experience is preferred
- Data Analysis experience, ideally using census and demographic data
- A university degree is great but not required
- Relevant industry sector knowledge ideal but not essential
- A strong communicator with the ability to work with colleagues remotely across the globe
- Be able to provide evidence of attention to detail, proactivity and managing deadlines
- Business level English - written and spoken
This role is based in Warsaw, Poland. Our UK offices are in London and Leeds. We’re a young and growing company who embrace flexible working; full time or part time, family friendly hours and/or working from home days considered. We’d love you to travel to the UK on occasion to learn from our team there.
If you are interested in this role and are looking for your next challenge, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. No agencies please.
Photo by Eric Prouzet on Unsplash