Openings and closures of the major supermarket chains from June to September 2022 have been reflected in the latest release of the Geolytix open Retail Points data set. Read more about the background of this data set here.
- 7 Aldi openings - including new Aldi Local at the O2 Centre (opened 21st July 2022)
- 15 Lidl stores added - including Lidl Houghton Regis & Lidl Edinburgh Corstorphine, both opening in August 2022
- Iceland - Swift expansion continued with a store in Finsbury Park opening (10th August 2022), 4 Food Warehouses also opened (Fazeley, Tonbridge, Nottingham & Truro)
- 9 Farmfoods additions including Northwich & Winsford stores both opening in September 2022
- 8 Tesco Express stores added & 1 Superstore (Cinderford Superstore - opened 15th September 2022)
- Little Waitrose - 64 added for Shell Petrol Filling Station locations
You can download our latest release of the Retail Points data set here with all the accompanying documentation. We love hearing about how the data is being used so make sure to tag us on Twitter or LinkedIn.
Main Image: Model is our very own Sarah Hitchcock